Jack Thomas Jr.
3406 Summerhill Drive
Montgomery, AL 36111
Home Office Phone: (334) 288-4226
Web Site: http://www.jackthomasjr.com
* Forty years successful career experience to include property, operations, retail and business management.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
* Proven ability as an effective manager, director and administrator.
* Computer literate, highly organized, multi-task and detail oriented, creative, excellent oral and written communication skills, high energy, public speaking experience and leadership ability. I possess a “career portfolio” containing pictures of completed projects, newspaper articles in my regard, certificates of formal training and letters of reference and recommendation which I would be delighted to share upon request.
* Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
B. S. Degree in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Major: Business Management Minor: Economics
* Huntingdon College, Montgomery, AL
Additional Computer Science Courses
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR Montgomery, AL 2019 – Present
Shopping Center Management
* Property Manager for the former Montgomery Mall. HRMP Holdings LP
* Property Manager for The Village At McGehee. The Village At McGehee, Lot H, LLC
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR Montgomery, AL 2009-2018
Shopping Center Management
* Property Manager for the former Montgomery Mall. Blue Ridge Capital, Inc. LLC.
* Property Manager for The Village At McGehee. The Village At McGehee, Lot H, LLC and Pineridge Crossing, LLC.
INDEPENDENT MANAGEMENT Montgomery, AL 2008-2009
* Blue Ridge Capital, Inc. LLC, Atlanta, GA
* Primary local contact and key holder for Montgomery Mall.
* Worked with the new owners of Montgomery Mall to redevelop the facility.
* Public relations as required.
MALL MANAGER Glimcher Realty Trust, Inc., Montgomery, AL 2006-2007
* Senior manager at Montgomery Mall, an 826,000 square foot enclosed Regional Mall.
* Responsible for management of all mall operations to include contracted services, security, housekeeping, maintenance, marketing, leasing and administration.
* Managed CAM budget of 2.1 million.
* Managed staff of 40.
* Property was sold to investor.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR Glimcher Realty Trust, Inc. Montgomery, AL 2004-2006
* Responsible for daily operations at Montgomery Mall to include, but not limited to, the management of security, housekeeping, maintenance and contracted services.
DISTRICT OPERATIONS MANAGER New Plan Excel Realty Trust, Inc., Tifton, GA 2001-2003
* Managed twelve grocery anchored, community shopping centers and other retail properties totaling 1,200,000 square feet in the South Georgia, North Florida area.
* Managed district level office which housed leasing function and support staff.
* Was responsible for roofing, HVAC, painting, parking lot resurfacing and lighting, landscaping, pylons, build outs and tenant relations.
* Identified needed capital projects, budgeted as required, put projects out for bid and supervised completion of projects. Before and after pictures of my centers are available.
* Successfully completed projects totaling over $2,000,000.
* The district office that I set up and managed was among several closed in a corporate restructure.
MANAGER, LOCAL CENSUS OFFICE US Bureau of the Census, Montgomery, AL 1999-2000
* Directed and supervised all census activities relating to Census 2000 for a 16 county area. Duties included public, community and media relations.
* Monitored progress and cost of all operations to ensure that they were on schedule, within budget and met quality data standards.
* Directed the activities of three Assistant Managers, office staff and managed field staff of over 300.
COMPTROLLER/ BUSINESS MANAGER Resurrection Catholic Missions of Alabama, Inc., Montgomery, AL 1998 – 1998
* Managed business affairs for non-profit complex to include school (grades K through 8), child care center for severely handicapped children, nursing homes and Catholic church.
* Managed personnel and accounting departments.
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT 1995 – 1997
* Purchased distressed residential property to refurbish and return to the market.
BOOKSTORE MANAGER/ MANAGER AUXILIARY SERVICES Huntingdon College, Montgomery, AL 1981 – 1994
* Directed the operation of the campus bookstore, food facility and other student center auxiliary services to include the campus mail distribution facility.
* Duties included managing office and staff, purchasing, budgeting, student and faculty relations, promotions and special events, contract administration, personnel, safety and security, training, advertising and store accountability.
* Planned, designed and managed the remodeling of the bookstore on two occasions.
* Managed student and non-student staff.
MAIN STORE MANAGER (UA-9), OPERATIONS MANAGER (UA-9), ASSISTANT MAIN STORE MANAGER (UA-8), VISUAL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST (UA-7) Army And Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES), Gunter AFB, AL, Maxwell AFB, AL, Columbus AFB, MS, Hurlburt AFB, FL and Fort McClellan, AL 1975 – 1981
* Managed large retail/service facilities, adjacent contracted properties and other service operations, to include the base theater.
* Duties included managing office and staff, purchasing, inventory control, budgeting, customer and base relations, safety and security, personnel, payroll, training, counseling, housekeeping and store accountability.
* Planned, designed and managed the complete remodeling of several facilities.
* Held district level visual merchandising position and was responsible for all displays, seasonal decor and merchandise presentation for several large AAFES facilities.
* Founded and edited Exchange Happenings, an employee newspaper.
* Managed 110 employees.
ASSISTANT BUYER/ BUDGET STORE SUPERVISOR, Pizitz, Inc., Birmingham and Montgomery, AL 1974-1975
* Purchased electronics and appliances in downtown Birmingham store.
* Managed Budget Store in downtown Montgomery Store.
* President – McGehee Place Homeowner’s Association, 2007-2008
* Member At Large – McGehee Place Homeowner’s Association, 2009-2011, 2015-2018
* President – McGehee Place Homeowner’s Association, 2019-2020
* Member of the Sanctuary Choir and operate TV camera – First Baptist Church, Montgomery, AL
* Enjoy singing and playing keyboard and drums.